Work for the company that helps society make better decisions.
For 40 years, Northern Economics has been providing clarity to leaders to aid decision-making through complex issues their organizations face. Leaders depend on us to use our creativity and knowledge in finding relevant data, weighing multiple variables affecting data, and interpreting it. The analysis provided is often used to support transparency to clients’ various stakeholders, assuring them leaders are making “better decisions.”
Entry Level Position Description (Staff Analyst)
Full-time position with preferred location in Anchorage.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, data science, statistics, or an appropriate discipline
- Excellent analytical, writing, speaking, and computer skills
- Experience with Excel for data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, ask questions, follow directions, grow from feedback, and meet deadlines
- Experience using STATA, R, or similar for data analysis
- Additional coursework relevant to the position
- Applied economic research and/or technical writing experience
- Seek Growth. Apply skills and tackle new topics, even when they are outside of the comfort zone.
- Be Innovative. Identify and build creative solutions to challenges in the work. Bring ideas to project teams to support project efficacy and personal growth.
- Manage Time. Manage time across competing priorities and deadlines. Proactively communicate when issues arise while managing workload.
- Participate on Team. Work as a collaborative member assisting more experienced staff. Exercise flexibility and support as needed to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Seek Opportunity. Identify and acquire new skills, continuously growing understanding and experiences.
- Exercise Technical Skills. Input, organize and analyze information using analytical and statistical software. Contribute to reports from building tables and figures to writing narratives.
Northern Economics’ Core Values
Excellence Through Objectivity and Integrity
We obtain excellence by approaching and performing our work with open minds and impartiality. By accurately reporting results, clients are able to make the best decisions for themselves and their stakeholders. We maintain our integrity by reporting the results, even when they do not support the client’s desired outcome.
“The sum is greater than the parts.” Our best work often comes as a result of the contributions we make to the team, fully utilizing each member’s talents to support each other.
Joy Through Our Work
Our passion and creativity through our craft allow us to find joy and fulfillment in our work. It is also important that we find joy and balance outside of our work, making time for fun in both work and life.
Learn More and To Apply
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about Northern Economics and our work.
To apply, please send the following to Job2022@norecon.com
- Cover letter explaining why you would like to work at Northern Economics
- Résumé showing your qualifications
- Writing sample